Metrigy Releases Customer Experience Optimization 2023-24 Research Study
This study evaluates how successful companies are optimizing their customer experience from both their own experience–and that of their end customers.
October 5, 2023 – Research and advisory firm Metrigy has released its Customer Experience Optimization 2023-24 research study, revealing CX adoption, strategy, and technology directions for 641 companies globally. Additionally, in a companion study, Metrigy surveyed 500 consumers to understand what they like and dislike about the technology they use to interact with businesses.
“CX and IT leaders continue to evolve their companies’ CX strategies, focusing on three core areas: worker-focused programs, such as workforce optimization; the addition and improvement of applications and channels, including generative AI; and foundational projects, such as platform integration. Consumers are taking notice, with nearly 48% noting that technology is starting to have a positive impact on their engagements with customer service, ” says Robin Gareiss, Metrigy CEO and Principal Analyst.
This study covers the following areas:
- Artificial intelligence: Which types of AI are table stakes now, and which require more caution? Is generative AI ready for prime time?
- CX transformation: How many companies have transformed their customer experience, and what projects do they consider to be transformational?
- Operational efficiencies: How can technology, particularly forms of AI, help augment or reduce staffing requirements? Which technologies are key to making that happen?
- Customer feedback: How are companies removing the siloes of information when it comes to customer feedback?
- The role of virtual assistants: They’re showing up in many places along a customer journey. Where are they most useful? And where are they hurting customer satisfaction?
- Architecture decisions: With all the talk of cloud, why isn’t every company there? What’s driving organizations to stay on-premises—and be happy about it?
- Contact center perspectives: Do companies view their contact center as a cost center or a value center?
- Security: To what extent is security a part of CX application decision making and budget?
- Relationship management: How important are partner relationships vs. platform vendor?
Metrigy has a webinar series on this research study available on its BrightTALK channel. The episodes, available on demand, are:
- CX Optimization Ep.1: Measurable Value of AI for Customer Experience
- CX Optimization Ep.2: Agent Experience
- CX Optimization Ep.3: Consumer Views on CX Technology
This report, as well the related consumer study, are available for purchase on our website at: