Realizing the True Benefits of Unified Collaboration for GovernmentPublished on: October 23, 2020
Author: Irwin Lazar, Vice President and Service Director
Realizing the benefits of modern communications and collaboration in government and for contractors means providing workers with access to an integrated set of features including calling, video-enabled meetings and team collaboration. But it’s not just enough to provide these features within a unified client. A truly viable solution that meets government security, compliance, and governance needs also requires a secure foundation capable of protecting data across the entire platform. The ideal solution further integrates intelligent hardware and software into a unified management domain, providing IT leaders with a single view into operations, security, and analytical data to enable a detailed understanding of both performance and how users are taking advantage of the technology to provide measurable outcomes, whether at home or in the office.
Nemertes’ workplace collaboration research, gathered from hundreds of commercial organizations and government entities, shows that successful unified communications and collaboration strategies are delivering a unified solution that uses the power of the cloud to reduce operating costs and provide access to rapidly emerging features. Adopting new tools like team collaboration, integrated with calling and meetings, and intelligent devices, leads to demonstrable benefits including improved productivity and reduced operation expenses.
To maximize potential gains, IT leaders should:
- Evaluate collaboration applications that provide a common calling, meetings, and team collaboration experience, integrated with hardware, to ensure consistent, end-to-end security and management visibility while supporting flexible work strategies
- Take advantage of emerging team collaboration applications to achieve measurable gains in productivity and realize cost savings
- Leverage FedRAMP-certified solutions to ensure a strong security baseline while taking advantage of additional security capabilities that protect against data loss and unauthorized access, and that integrate with an overall security architecture
- Implement management and analytics capabilities that allow for visibility into adoption, utilization, and operational benefits such as improved productivity and reduced operating costs.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Workplace Collaboration Defined
- Achieving Success via an Integrated, Cloud-Based Approach
- Architectural Considerations
- Platform Considerations
- Measuring Success
- Evolving Voice and Meetings to Team Collaboration
- Strategies for Team Collaboration Success
- Conclusion and Recommendations
You are currently viewing a preview of this content. Metrigy clients, please log in for full access to all research content. If you are not a client, please click below to purchase access to this research report. We also invite you to become a client.CLIENT LOGIN BECOME A CLIENT